Friday, February 20, 2009

Goldilocks

Friday, February 20, 2009
Well, Wednesday we took a field trip to the Birmingham Children's Theatre to see Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. It was ok but nothing like the book. I am assuming they just created a new one based on the book but changed it to fit into today's world. It only lasted 45mins so I was left wondering why I drove 45 mins to see this? But Kaylyn enjoyed it so that there is my answer. Kevin went with me and I do have to give props to my hubby, any time Kaylyn has a party or field trip or anything to do at school he is always there. He will always change his work schedule around to be there. But my point is he is always the ONLY father there. That makes me love him that much more knowing that he is always there for her.

As Kevin and I were sitting there watching the play...there were about 100 kids or so...we both noticed that Kaylyn just cant sit still and all the other kids were. Dont get me wrong she was watching the play very intently but she was either sitting on her bottom or moving and sitting with her legs under her or even trying to stand and watch. There was a couple of times where she would sit in my lap and even another mother's lap. She just cant sit still. Both my mom & MIL thinks that she is ADHD...which is not a problem so is Jason. Of course if she is I really dont think I would medicate her unless it really came to be a big problem in school. She starts kindergarten in the fall so we will wait and see. I am not worried about it but it just caught my attention.

14 comments:

Tanya

I would not jump on eveluating her just yet, mine can't sitt still either. I put her in pre-school when she was 3. It took a while, but now she responds better to the classroom rules and things she has to do. It took about a year, although, she does have a phenominal teacher this year that could have made a difference. I think ADD and ADHD are overdiagnosed nowadays anyway.

Mamarazzi

sounds like you are pretty well tuned in to your kid there. YOU will know what to do...just follow your instinct!

Stopping in as part of the SITS welcoming team to welcome YOU to the SITStahood. You will love this bloggy playground and the women there.

sandy

My daughter will also start school in the fall. She does not sit very still either. Give her time, I think this is typical of a child that age.

Welcome to SITS! It's great to have you as part of the SITStahood:0)

angi_b72

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Mandy

I have a daughter who is a wigglewart, too. I don't think it's ADHD, but I'm keeping my eye on her as she gets ready for school.
I'm with the SITS Welcome Wagon, we are so glad you joined us, you'll LOVE IT!:)
Welcome, welcome, welcome!
-Mandy

Jen

you have a very beautiful daughter! I just stopped by from SITS and wanted to welcome you.

Rhea

That's great you exposed her to some theater. I think the more kids get to experience and see, the more well rounded they are.

I have a very active 7 yr old, who I was worried about possibly having ADHD, but once school started...he was active still, but he could really sit and concentrate when he needed to, and that was all that mattered.

I'm with the SITS Welcome Wagon! I've been with them for like 8 months or so now...and read so many fun blogs, met so many amazing woman and really enjoyed my time in this great community of women. So, welcome aboard!

Julie

Stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community.

The Rambler

Just stopping by as part of the SITS welcomista crew. :)

AP

i would say her behavoir is very typicla of a child her age. She likes to move. My daughter loves to move and dance.
stopping in to welcome you to SITs

greedygrace

My daughter hasn't stopped moving for the last three years! I think I would be worried if she WASN'T in constant motion!

Welcome to SITS! We're happy to have you join us!

So Not Mom-a-licious

I just keep hitting all of the right blogs tonight! First, your family is HOTT! All of you! Second, my hubs says I watch too much Oprah because I am always talking about my sons behavior. I have tried to explain that I am the Mom and I have this "feeling", but he doesn't buy it. My point...jsut today I was going to post a video of my son. I watched it a dozen times. Then I watched another video a dozen times. When I came back to my son, I watched and thought to myself "why can't he sit still?" Basically, it was such a simple video of me getting him to say hi to his Dada, but I had motion sickness because he never stopped moving! And it's not just that video, it's other things. Mommy instinct always prevails! Let life take its course. I agree with not medicating. But that's because I don't like taking anything myself. Sooo, I guess take that with a grain of salt.

I first came here to say welcome to SITS. But I got so wrapped up in you that I had to stay and read more! So I did and now I want to say welcome SITSa

Brandy

Welcome to SITS!

Lisa M

Welcome to SITS!

If she does have ADHD, it may not effect her much till she's in 2nd or 3rd grade. At least that's how it was with my son. Homeschooling him for K, 1, and 5 have done wonders for him. He's in 6th now.

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)