Thursday, January 22, 2009

Suggestions Please!!!

Thursday, January 22, 2009
I have a very picky 5 year old that doesnt eat anything!! I am serious...no mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, hamburgers, or pizza (yes I said Pizza!). You know the usual stuff that kids want? Not to mention all of the vegetables that she needs. Her diet consists of McDonals's happy Meals (6 pc McNuggets, Fries & a Sprite), canned biscuits (I am serious...she loves biscuits), and she does eat fruit...I cant complain here. But I really want her to eat other normal things.

Yesterday a note came home in her back pack saying that another Child was going to bring Pizza the next day for their birthday so dont send a lunch with your child. I had to send a lunch because I knew she wouldnt eat pizza. What is so weird about my kid?

I have talked to the Dr about her eating habits and he considers her normal & healthy. He said that I dont need to traumatize her at meal time and that eventually she would eat. He also doesnt agree with starrving her down meaning give her what I want her to have and nothing more until she gives up and eats. Well part of me wants her to hold her down and shove it down her throat make her sit their until she eats her meal and the other part is just saying it will all come in time. Well I want that time to be now!! She will be going to Kindergarten next year. I know she wont eat the lunches there...and I dont mind making her lunch but wouldnt you think the same old thing would get boring? It would for me! I dont even like having leftovers.

I think I wouldnt worry as much if she would just try it. She wont even try anything. As a child I was made to try it...if I didnt like it I didnt have to eat it. But at least I tried it! I cant say that for her. So if you have any suggestions on what I could do please let me know:)!

1 comments:

InDeeds

Thanks for the comment from the other day!

I don't know that I have any helpful advice about your daughters eating habits...except to say that my sister was the exact same way when we were younger. Spaghetti was basically the ONLY thing she would eat. She did eventually grow out of it...and will now eat stranger foods than I will. So there is hope! :)

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)