Friday, January 9, 2009

The Ice Cream Man

Friday, January 9, 2009
Last night I was heading down to my parents with Kaylyn. I was having some problems with my computer that I just got for Christmas and since my mom & dad got it for me (really us) I had to get the receipt to take it back. Anyway...I will post on that later. We were walking out the front door and what does my 4yr olds "rada" ears hear? The darn ice cream man. Its 45 degrees outside. I wonder how much he is selling?? Of course she starts jumping up & down screaming I want an ice cream. I think to myself why not she has been good lately. So he had already passed out street. So I got her in the car and off we go chasing the ice cream truck (what we moms do for our kids!). I was driving down streets in our neighborhood and as I am pulling out of the last street in the neighborhood back onto the main road there he goes flying by. So I pull behind him and we go for a min and he slows down for that darn speed hump, as he does this I flash my lights at him (oh yeah its dark too!). Kaylyn is in the back street screaming ram him(I swear I dont know where she gets this)! He saw me and he pulled over on the side of the road and we followed. We get out and he apologizes for "zooming" past us. All is well because we stopped him. Kaylyn finally makes up her mind at what she wants the neopolitan ice cream sandwich ($1.75!!). I tahnk him again for stopping and we hop in the car. I do my motherly threats about not getting it in my car because I have to head on down to my parents. I hand it to here and then buckle myself in. I put the car in drive and pull out onto the main highway. I literally drive for about 30 seconds and Kaylyn says "I change my mind...I dont want ice cream no more!!!" Do you know how fast my blood preassure rose???

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)