Monday, August 31, 2009

Peanut Free Zone

Monday, August 31, 2009
Do you know someone that has an allergy to peanuts? I am highly allergic to peanuts but when I was growing up it wasnt that common. I use to think I was the only one. Now a days you have at least 4 or 5 kids per a class room that has an allergy to peanuts. I was one of those kids that had to carry an epipen on me at all times...I am one to ingest a nut and my throat will immediately start closing. Kaylyn however, is allergic but her's isnt as severe as mine. When she eats a nut her mouth within about 10-15 mins will break out in a rash around her mouth & lips. I hate for her to have that but I am glad it isnt as severe as mine.

I was watching the news last night and saw a segment on a mother that came up with an awesome idea. Her daughter is allergic to highly peanuts and she wears a bracelet but wanted it to be known that her child is highly allergic to peanuts. She came up with this awesome tattoo idea...its like a temporary tattoo that goes on but doesnt wash away easily with water. So its stays on a little longer than normal temporary tattoos. How cool is that?

Signature

5 comments:

Unknown

That's neat. Good idea. But I think the design needs a little work. Not that my preference in appearance should at all take away from the urgency to wear 'em, lol. I was just saying.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged

That is a great idea! I am so sorry you are allergic to nature's best food.

Jennifer

That is a neat idea!!!

Ace

You still alive?

Jessi

That's a neat idea.
First time stopping by...I'll be back.
Blessings.

ps-does Mary Kay have mineral make-up? Is there a way to figure out my shade without being able to go to a party??

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)