Thursday, August 6, 2009

I am doing fine...

Thursday, August 6, 2009
Today has been a pretty weird day. I woke up at 7:20 this morning and shot straight up. I had this awful feeling of being late! Then after a moment I remembered...I was laid off yesterday. I laid back down and went back to sleep. Around 9:15 my phone rang...it was work. I ignored it and let voicemail pickup. They left a message...I thought what could they possibly want? I mean I no longer work there? So after lying there for about 45mins I finally got up and checked my voicemail. It was Ed...he is the Installation Manager. He left me a long message saying he was checking in on me to see how I was doing and that he was upset this was happening and that he didnt get a chance to say "Good-bye." I kinda got a little teary eyed when he said the "Good-bye" part, besides him and I were pretty close. He was older than me and has a son close to my age but he always looked out for me. There were several times where he would fill my car up with gas on the company's his credit card and write it off to mileage.

So I called up to work because I didnt want it to look like I was ignoring him. Thankfully he answered so I talked to him for a few mins. He made me promise if there was anything I needed I would let him know...he is just a great guy in general. Then I asked to talk to Boss Lady. She came on the phone and she was still upset from yesterday. She told me how lonely it was there with out me and so very quiet. But we have a really close relationship and it carries over to Mary Kay so its not like we will never see each other again.

But all in all I am doing fine. I still have this sinking feeling that I should be at work. I assume it will go away with time. Kevin and I discussed it last night...we knew this was coming but we didnt realize it would happen so soon. I thought it would least hold out until the new year. Guess not!

I think right now I want to enjoy being home with Kaylyn. I have never been a stay at home Mom so this is all new to me lol! School starts next Wednesday so we will get a week together and then I will get to be the one who takes and picks her up from school. Personally I am glad of that because that way she can tell me right when I pick her up how her day was and not have to wait until 6 when I normally get home and probably have forgotten everything by then.

I truly believe that things happen for a reason and that this is one door closing and another opening. I am excited about my "full time" career with Mary Kay now and I am eager to venture down this road. I cant wait to find out what in store for me!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!

Signature

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms

You sound so optimistic, I love it! :)

Ace

Glad to hear you're doing so good! I recently stopped calling myself a SAHM since my kids all in school and older, I now refer to myself as a homemaker and it's the best job in the world! I remember you saying you would love to stay home with her so enjoy every minute!

Mendie

So sorry to hear about your recent news, but glad to see that you are opening yourself up for whatever may come because of it....all in the bigger plan my friend. Just sucks not knowing when it'll happen or just what that plan is! But remember good things come to good people.

Keep your head up and enjoy the time with your little one!

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)