Monday, July 6, 2009

3 Day Weekend-Friday

Monday, July 6, 2009
We had a wonderful 3 day weekend I hope you did too! It was actually pretty packed full of stuff. So I thought I would go through my weekend with you:)

Friday
Well Friday I got up at 6am to drive an hour just to let the dog out. I listened to some music on my new MP3 Player that my hubby got me on the way up there and back. I was back home around 8:15 just in time for Kevin to get up and get ready for work. I layed (I dont know the right presence laid or layed) in bed and tried to go back to sleep. The last time I remember the clock read 8:45. I must have drifted off to sleep...then I heard it. Running footsteps down the hallway...into the kitchen...and now at the foot of my bed. I peek at the clock...9:12. Great! I wasnt ready to get up but I knew she wouldnt let me sleep in so I got up.

I had several errands to run plus I was going to meet Kevin for lunch. I had gotten Kaylyn dressed and me dressed when I was in the bathroom putting on my make-up and I heard a knock on the door. I opened it up. Great! It was my crazy neighbor. She was telling me they got a new pool and wanted to see if they could put it in their backyard. I said I didnt care after all it was THEIR backyard. She then told me that some of their backyard wasnt that level so some of it might stick in our yard. I told her that was fine. She was really appreciative and told us that Kaylyn could swim in it at anytime if she wanted. Of course that was right up Kaylyn's alley! The neighbor (ironically her name is Alicia too and for the life of me I couldnt rememeber her name!) asked if we would be back and I told her yes afterwhile...I had some errands to run and then possibly Kaylyn could get in the pool. I finished up with her and put my shoes on and gathered up Kaylyn and out the door we went.

I went to the bank and then headed up to Kevin's work. When I got there I hunted him down...they are allowed cell phone use so I had to walk through Sam's looking for him. When I finally found him he was up in the steel (about 10 ft above me) putting something together. Kaylyn thought that was the funniest thing. He got down so we could discuss lunch. I wanted Chick-fil-a but Kaylyn insisted Johnny Rocketts. Off to Johnny Rocketts we went. It was actually pretty busy there. We got our food in a timely manner and of course right in the middle Kaylyn had to go "try" out their bathrooms. I went in there with her and let her do her business. We went to wash our hands and I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed I had NO eye makeup on what so ever! I thought back and realized I was in the middle of putting my makeup on when my neighbor knocked on the door...I never did finish putting it on. I walked out to Kevin and asked him why he hadnt said anything about my makeup. His answer...I thought you had on makeup! Really clever!

After lunch I dropped him back off at work and Kaylyn and I headed to AutoZone. I spent $168 there getting a battery for Kevin's car (not sure if I mentioned his battery died last week and he has been driving his dad's truck until we got paid and could buy the battery), brake pads for Kevin's car and a air filter for mine. I wasnt prepared to spend that but it had to be done. After AutoZone we went and got my oil changed (another $40) and then headed to the house.

Kaylyn was all excited about getting in the pool. She put her suit on and I put my shorts and a t-shirt on. I noticed I really should have shaved my legs but hey! nobody is going to be out there. She got on it and I sat on the porch watching her. I got somewhat board so I went in and got my computer. I am sure I looked like a total redneck playing on the computer while watching my child play in a blow up pool!

Kevin called and asked me to meet him at his parents so he could leave his dad's truck there and just ride home with me since I got his battery. I did that and of course we stayed and talked to them for a little while too. My mom called while we were there saying she still wanted Kaylyn to stay the night with her and my dad and I said that was fine. They were going to go out to dinner first and then come by and pick her up. Not that I am complaining but they didnt get there until 10. They had a late dinner but it was fine...as soon as they left we went to bed.

That was my fun-filled Friday...I thought I would break them up since it was a lot to do in ajust one post.

1 comments:

Furry Bottoms

Oh no! That was funny about the mascara! :) and I hate to shave my legs, but I do it during the summer. Then when winter comes, I turn into a woolly mammoth.

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)