Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oh Crap!

Thursday, January 7, 2010
I have to go to the dentist. I hate the dentist...I mean that in the nicest way. I have never liked going so clearly I steer clear unless I absolutely have to go. Why do I need to go now you ask? I think I have an abscessed tooth. I have this tooth in the back of my mouth that I had a root canal done on it years ago. They put a temporary crown on and it held good for a while. I refused to go in and get a crown because my insurance company only pays for 1/2 so that means I would owe at least $400 and frankly...I dont have it. So I never went to get a crown put on/in. So back in February (yes, almost a year ago & the only reason I remember is because I was on the way to Kaylyn's Valentine party at school) the crown started coming loose and then eventually fell out. Since then my tooth has gradually gotten worse. Never no pain because I had the root canal but has become a food packer (I know its gross!) which is obviously where now the abscess is coming from.

Over the last few days I have notice that my gums are a little swollen back there around that tooth. My gums are getting sore though. Yesterday I noticed when I woke up I had this bad taste in my mouth. I just thought it was "morning breath" so I brushed my teeth. The taste never went away. I dont even know how to describe it but its nasty tasting. It didnt hit me until earlier today that it may be from my tooth. Then Kevin said something about an abscess so I googled it. The article that came up said that some of the symptoms of an abscess tooth is pain, bad breath, bitter taste in your mouth, red & swollen gums, and pain when chewing. I have most of those symptoms so I figure that is what it is.

It makes sense. I mean I havent had the tooth looked at so I am sure there is decay in there and that it is abscessed. Now my problem is there isnt a dentist open. It is Thursday and most everyone is the state of Alabama closed early today because we were "suppose" to get snow (and we didnt) and then most are closing tomorrow because they are worried about the road conditions in the morning. Then there is the weekend! I am going to have to find a dentist that is open on the weekend because there is no way I can go till next week with this. It is literally driving me crazy that I cant get this "taste" out of my mouth. I have brushed my teeth 7 times today and gargled with mouthwash 3 times. It wont go away.

I never thought I would say it but I really want to go to the dentist...
Signature

1 comments:

Haddock

We always put off till the last minute don't we?

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)