Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Facebook

Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Now I will admit that I spend a lot of time on Facebook. I have 316 friends and I know all of them. A few are from the Blogosphere but I talk to them on a regular basis. I dont add people that I dont know. I dont play games or anything I just check status updates and comment. I, myself dont do that many status updates. I simply get on there to see what everyone else is doing. With that said my page is pretty clean...there isnt anything on there that shouldnt/cant be seen. I know that some people "lock" their page so that it can only be viewed by friends which is cool. But what about those crazy people that put "everything" on their page for everyone to view?

The reason I am asking is because I got a friend request yesterday from a friend of Kaylyn's. Yes, a 6yr old. Now, I am not mother of the year by no means but I will not let my child have a facebook page until she is at least 14 or 15. I truly believe facebook is for older people...not children. What could a child possibly be on there for anyway?

Kaylyn is pretty tech savvy and gets to play games on the computer at school but honestly we dont allow her on our computer much at all. She does play Elmo's World here and there but that is it...and she is always supervised. She is never on the internet by herself...I am afraid of what she will find/see.

What is your thoughts on this? At what age will you let your child have a facebook page?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown

I think it is all up to the parent personally. Gillian is 8 and she does have a lot of access to the internet. But she is supervised when she is on it. We also just got her, her own netbook, but we home school so a lot of our teaching is done through the internet. To let a 6 year old have a facebook, that is just weird. I just got Gillian a yahoo account, but I have full access and shes only allowed our family from MI on there.

Furry Bottoms

I wouldn't let anyone under 16 join facebook. I have a niece at 14 who has FB and it just bothers me. I am constantly watching her!

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)