Saturday, May 15, 2010

No Makeup Day

Saturday, May 15, 2010
No makeup on National TV. I personally didnt see the 4th hour of The Today Show but I heard Hoda and Kathie Lee didnt wear makeup. Apparently it made pretty big news. My personal opinion is that I think it was great. I think it made a great statement and women from all over responded.It let me know that even though they are on TV (and look great when they are on there) they have flaws just like me.

First of all I am one of those people that really doesnt leave the house unless I look in a mirror and look somewhat decent. That doesnt necessarily mean that I have to have on makeup but I do have to be ok with the way I look. I admit that I would rather not wear make up unless I just have to. Especially over the last couple of years my face has become splotchy looking and I seem to be having more acne problems now than I have ever had. However, I will put out there that I only apply makeup once a day unless I have something important at night. In other words on an original day I will apply it in the morning if I am going somewhere whether it be running errands or going to the DR and then take it all off at night. But like on Wednesday's when I have church I will apply more before I go to church. But when I go to work I am a 1 time applier! I never freshen it up at work...after the 9th or 10th hour no one really cares about how they look they are just ready to go home!

So what did you think of Hoda and Kathie Lee's statement of no makeup?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged

I think I am in the same boat as you as far as trying to look "decent" when I go out. Most of the time anyway! i think that was cool of them, and I'd like to see some "models" do the same!

Furry Bottoms

Most of the time, I don't care what I look like when I leave the house. BUT... if I am going to work, then yes, I do care. I put make up on and everything. Weekends, never! I can see a big difference in photographs. I've got liver spots all over my face, hehehehe

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)