Monday, September 28, 2009

Update on Me

Monday, September 28, 2009
Kaylyn is feeling much better! I was kind of worried there on Friday when she came down with this. Nights of course are the worse and boy was it. Her fever spiked to 104 with Motrin in her system and she was very lethargic. She laid around all afternoon not doing anything but watching TV...which sick or not is very unlike her. We gave her a luke warm bath and that helped some. She laid in my bed some before we went to bed. I gave her some Motrin and tamiflu right before bedtime and put her to bed. I checked on her every 2 hrs (I am exhausted) and throughout the night her fever went down. She got up around 8:30 Saturday morning and seemed so much better. She was up and playing and running around. She still had a fever that stayed between 101 & 102 all day, but it didn't seem to phase her.

Sunday her fever came down and stayed between 99 & 100. She was really upset that I wouldn't let her go to church and didn't really understand why because in her mind she was fine because she felt fine. We took it easy all weekend and last night she still had a low grade fever so we decided to keep her out one more day.

When she woke up today her fever was gone and she seemed to be herself again. I still kept her out since she hadn't been fever free for 24 hrs. Today we hung out around the house (I am dying to get out) and made a cake. At first she wanted cupcakes but at the last minute decided to just a cake. It's red velvet...my favorite but for some reason I really am not that interested in it. So tomorrow she will go back to school and I can get my house back and actually sterilize it! I am so lucky that as of now Kevin and I are still fine...no signs of the flu!
Signature

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms

I am SO glad that she is doing better! With my niece and nephew, the first 24-48 hours were the hardest... then they seemed to be totally fine even with a fever.

Unknown

Glad she is feeling better! And wow, I can't believe y'all didn't get it! Way to go!

Ace

YAY! So glad that it seems to have passed so quickly!

 
◄Design by Jammie, The Neat Things In Life (Based on City Sleeps by Pocket)